Thursday, September 2, 2010

Enrik's Restaurant (V)

I was glad to see the cobwebs in the corner had disappeared since we were last at Enrik's. And much to my surprise ET did not choose his usual Sunday Morning Savior. He went for Enrik's Big Breakfast which came with one piece of unbuttered toast. Luckily the waitress was kind enough to offer to bring some butter.

I was quite excited to order the Raisin French Toast. But when it was served to me, all I could say was "I ordered the RAISIN french toast". To which the answer was "That is the french raisin toast".  Funny, because I couldn't see one bit of raisin on the whole plate. And once I sliced into the thick bread, I still saw no sign of a raisin nor was there any taste of it anywhere.

The second slice of my french toast was a bit dry thanks to all the maple syrup being drizzled over the first slice. I was fully intending to ask for extra maple syrup when they finally brought over the butter for ET's toast and the water I asked for. But alas, neither arrived and so I ate my second slice without any maple syrup and ET ate his toast unbuttered.

You should have seen my mouth drop when, upon finishing our meals, another waitress said "French Raisin Toast" to the table behind us and ET nodded to show that they, unlike us, were served raisin bread for their French Raisin Toast. Grrrr!!


Enrik's Restaurant
25 Railway Rd, Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment