Saturday, September 11, 2010

Carson’s Lounge

We had been to Carson’s Lounge for lunch before so I thought we should give it a shot for dinner.  The staff poured us some water soon after arrival and they continually filled it throughout the night which is nice.  But they did it so often that I was tempted to ask them to just leave a jug on the table!  I mean it’s nice to have your water refilled, but perhaps they should wait until it’s almost empty before they do. Carson's 001 (2)
ET’s was disappointed to find the steak he ordered rare was cooked on the outside and was barely pink on the inside. Carson's 008 (2)
My Tanaku fish didn’t blow me away either and the mash underneath it was too smooth and processed for my liking and I couldn’t see or taste enough of the blood red oranges. Carson's 009 (2)
However the serving grace was the chocolate and caramel tart dessert.  The mains were served in huge plates but don’t let this fool you - the servings aren’t in proportion to the plate size.  So without entree, I definitely needed this extra course.  Carson's 012
Surprisingly ET enjoyed it more than I did.  I thought it was very chocolately and I couldn’t taste the caramel underneath.  Plus I didn’t think the strawberry ice cream matched the tart.  But apart from the ice cream, we managed to polish off the whole dish, including the candied pecans.
Carson's 014

Carson's Lounge
33 Ballarat St, Yarraville

No comments:

Post a Comment