Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Indochine Vietnamese Restaurant

Indochine was busy with diners and takeaway orders  but the manager stayed charming throughout the entire night.

For starters ET ordered Hot & Sour Tom Yum Soup.  ET thought everything was spot on except that it wasn’t hot enough for him.Indochine 001 (640x480)
I ordered the Mince Prawn wrapped around a sugarcane.  I chose it a for the novelty factor but I actually ended up liking the grilled flavour of it.  And luckily the menu said not to eat the sugar cane because I’m sure I would’ve gnawed into it! Indochine 003 (480x640)
The rice paper rolls weren’t a hit with ET.  He thought the wrapper was too thick and overall it lacked flavour.Indochine 006

For mains I talked ET into ordering the Sizzle Fried Whole Snapper with Tamarind Sauce (no dry red chilli on my account).  ET liked it and didn’t even bother putting any of the accompanying sauce on it.Indochine 009
He also liked his order of Bo la lot (minced beef wrapped in Betel leaves).  I thought the leaves were a bit chewy and the meat a bit dry.  This dish had the rice paper and lettuce layered on the side, ready for wrapping but ET and I ate most of it with rice.  Indochine 011

Admittedly most of the dishes we ordered had noodles, lettuce and carrots so we were pretty much over eating the same accompaniments.  But at least I finally sated my craving for a Vietnamese restaurant in the area.

Indochine Vietnamese Restaurant
51 Carrington Rd, Box Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment