Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Oven

Make sure you order pizza at The Oven, either that or become a regular because that’s the only way you’ll be served here.

ET & I both ordered pasta and from my seat I had to watch the 2 guys behind the counter make pizza after pizza.  One of the guys eventually disappeared (presumably to deliver the pizzas?) and the other continued to make even more pizzas; one of which was served to a couple who arrived after we had already ordered.

When finally served, my lasagne had a burnt corner on top and when I hungrily cut into it, I found the whole bottom layer was also burnt black. 

ET’s ravioli just ok.  Correct me if I’m wrong here, but when the ‘chef’ orders one of the waitresses to cook it for him because he’s “too busy” to do it himself, then directs her on how to cook it over his shoulder, then what the hell do you expect???

To top it all off, we had waited over 30 minutes for our meals with no apologies for the delay or offer of a discount even though the couple (who we presume are regulars and friends of the chef) got served before us AND didn’t even seem to pay.  I had no intention of blogging about this place (hence no photos) but I had such a bad experience that this place is now blacklisted in my book.  Enough said!!


The Oven
339 Brunswick St, Fitzroy

No comments:

Post a Comment