Saturday, June 12, 2010

Enrik's Restaurant (IV)

Having enjoyed a breakfast at Enrik's recently, ET & I were quite looking forward to re-visiting. 

We arrived at breakfast time to find Enrik’s more than half empty.  Which was just as well as we were on a schedule.  ET decided to order the Turkish bread which he enjoyed last time.  Unfortunately, it seemed like a smaller serving and didn’t taste as good as our previous visit.  From my point of view, the dish did look better last time.

Knowing I wasn’t extremely hungry, I decided to go for the pancake with bacon and maple syrup.  What I got were 3 small pancakes that looked more like pikelets.  They were flavourless and not at all fluffy. :(  I think it’s how the pancakes would’ve turned out if I had cooked it myself!  And since I don’t cook, that’s not a very good statement to make about a restaurant.  The only saving grace for me was the bacon was nice and crispy; just the way I like it.

I must make comment on what I recently termed as “water wellness” of a restaurant.  When you ask for water at Enrik’s, they bring glasses and a bottle of icy cold water.  The water is nicely chilled and presented in a bottle that I think is a lovely shape. So this gets a big tick of approval from me.

The coffee was given a thumbs up by ET.  And although sandwiched between two other tables, I liked being seated in the corner so both ET and I had a window view.  That was until I noticed several cobwebs from floor to ceiling!!  A big tsk-tsk.  HUGE!


Enrik's Restaurant
25 Railway Rd, Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment