Monday, September 6, 2010

Redgum Restaurant

Randomly searching for a place to eat, we stumbled across Redgum.  Unsure of what they serve, we asked to see the menu before we took a seat.  I think this was our mistake as they took the order of a table who arrived several minutes after we did yet we still had to wave someone down to take our order.

When served, the eggs on ET’s Big Breakfast seemed a little overcooked around the edges but the sausages looked a little anaemic to me.  What do you think?Red Gum 003 (640x480)
Atop my French Toast, I was surprised to find the caramelised banana cut lengthwise rather than diagonally.  But this meant more caramel flavour and that made me smile.  Although ET (the banana fan) actually had to ask me what the things were on top of the French Toast!  Having a look at the photo below, I think I understand where he’s coming from now.Red Gum 006 (640x480)
Here’s a close up shot of the caramelised banana.  I just like the way it glistens in this photo - yum!Red Gum 007 (480x640)
And on a final note, I felt they were a bit stingy on the maple syrup.  There wasn’t enough to fully coat all three pieces of the French Toast but since they charge $0.50 for extra maple syrup, I decided to just deal with it.


Redgum Restaurant

2 Victoria Rd, Lilydale

No comments:

Post a Comment