Saturday, September 4, 2010

Aroy-D Thai Restaurant

ET was surprised at the decor at Aroy-d, he said it wasn’t what he expected.  I must admit there was quite a lot of wood and brick.Aroy'd 001 (480x640)
I thought it would be a good idea to order the mix entree so we could get a taste of the 2 entree dishes I was tossing up between; plus a few other things to boot.  However I found myself disappointed by the Coconut Prawn (all I could taste was the toasted coconut and none of the prawn) and the Thai Fish Cakes which I was looking forward to.  But both ET & I nodded our agreement to the curry puff.  Although it wasn’t spicy, the pastry was golden and it was nicely filled.Aroy'd 002 (640x480)
ET went for one of the chicken stir fry mains which had a nice strong flavour but I’m not sure I could've eaten the whole dish, specially as I saw chilli flakes all over it.Aroy'd 003 (640x480)
My steamed fish with ginger sauce was also nice but I think the fish may either have been frozen or just over-cooked as it didn’t have a soft texture or flake easily like I expected.Aroy'd 005 (480x640)
Water wellness passed the test but staff could have been more attentive to diners and not so focused on the steady stream of take away orders.  But a big plus for the super cheap beer and the wine which was quite a generous serve so ET was impressed.


Aroy-D Thai Restaurant
178 Warrandyte Rd, North Ringwood

No comments:

Post a Comment