Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sakura House

Although I was craving Vietnamese cuisine, try as we might, we couldn't find any in the surrounding area.  Shame.  But seeing Sakura House as light-filled and roomy, we decided to give it a go.  ET was pleased with the tall indoor water feature but we didn't like the rude scratchings on it - it ruined the effect quite a bit.

But on to the food.  As usual I was starving so we opted for a platter for starters - the name of which escapes me.  I was pleasantly surprised with the large assortment and it was all served in twos so it was nice and easy to split.

ET enjoyed the spring rolls but it was too light in color for my liking.  You can barely just see it on the bottom left of the photo, covered in mayo.

The octopus balls had ET quite perplexed (topped in pickled ginger beside the spring rolls) but I've since realised that I just don't like octopus balls.  Full stop.  I would like to know, however, how they got the prawns so straight?  (See top of photo below)

ET was amused by how many edamame he had eaten compared to me, so we just had to take a photo of all the shells as proof:

Sashimi was Et's choice for main as he wasn't so hungry.  Although not bad, there were some tiny pieces next to ones twice as thick and a bit tough so they obviously need to work on this.

I went for the grilled salmon main.  After struggling with trying to get the noodles out from under the salmon, I was much disappointed with its rubbery texture.

One thing ET & I agreed on was how nice the miso soup was.  Lucky the mains came with this along with rice, pickled cabbage, salad and chilled tofu which I rue not trying.  But I was, after all, quite stuffed by this stage.

Staff were a bit haphazard on the night.  At one stage two approached us but neither one took our empty plates away.  I also said to another "Can we have some water please?" only to be given one glass of water even though ET & I both had empty glasses from our previous drinks.  Nor did they ask if ET would like another drink when his glass was already empty by the time the mains arrived. It wasn't until the manager came to clear our mains that he immediately bought another water for ET and asked if he would like another glass of red.


Sakura House
425 Burwood Hwy, Shop 2222 Knox O Zone, Wantirna

No comments:

Post a Comment