Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Firehouse (VI)

In all honesty we were hoping for brunch at Smoken Joe’s Cafe but they are still under renovation.  We then headed off to Firehouse thinking we’d be able to have the lunch menu.  Unfortunately we were an hour early :(

ET not wanting to order the same dish as last time, was swayed by the sound of  poached eggs, double smoked bacon, chive fromage and hash brown.  Both having compromised what to order the last few times we’ve been out, we decided to hell with it and ordered the same dish.

ET was much surprised at how much he liked it.  Me, on the other hand, was surprised that the hollandaise sauce was poured on top of the eggs because a lady at the adjoining table had hers served in a small bowl.  (Perhaps she’d specially requested it that way?)  Admittedly, seeing her dish while we were looking over the menu was one reason why I ordered it and why I nodded my head towards their table when telling ET what I was going to order.

The other things that surprised me was I didn’t like the double smoked bacon.  I think it was just too much for my palette.  And lastly, when I saw the fried triangle piece on the adjoining table, I presumed it was the fromage fried like saganaki & other similar cheeses.  It came quite a surprise to me that it was in fact the hash brown.  Fancy that – hash brown shaped as a triangle block!


The Firehouse
253 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood

No comments:

Post a Comment