Monday, July 12, 2010

Red Salmon

We arrived early to find Red Salmon relatively empty.  But by the end of the evening the place was completely full.  Considering this place is within a strip of cafes & restaurants, this can only be a good sign.

We started off with the 3 dips.  When guessing the flavours, both ET & I were reluctant to name the hummus (perhaps it had a little more tahini than we were used to?).  The red dip was beetroot but we both loved the pumpkin dip.  I did find it strange that the turkish bread seemed to have a glaze on the top of it though.

I went for the Red Salmon Original which I think was closer to well done than medium, as per the menu's description.  Have a look at the photo and you be the judge...

This time ET was the one to change his order so we wouldn't be eating the same dish.  He ordered the Eye Fillet steak but again, I think he got the better dish!

Water wellness passed my test but at one stage I tried to get several waitress' attention to no avail as they were talking to one another but not looking at the dining area.  I believe a bit of improving is needed as we ordered extra turkish bread (seeing how small it was & how much dip we had left) and a different waitress came over a while later to confirm we ordered more bread before we were finally served.


And just in case you're wondering, the picture above is the view from my seat, looking up at the ceiling.  For some reason they have lamp shades attached to the walls as light fixtures.  Interesting.




Red Salmon
509 Burwood Hwy, Shop 2223 Knox O Zone, Wantirna

No comments:

Post a Comment