Monday, July 19, 2010

Suede

We seem to keep finding ourselves surprised in that at past we expected to have lunch at Suede only to be handed a breakfast menu.  Once we realised this, I asked if they had a lunch menu, only to be told “Not today”.  Hmmmm.  Since ET & I had already ordered coffees by this stage, we decided to stay.

There were 3 waitstaff and the place was less than half full but we still had to wait half an hour for our breakfast.  The coffees were good so ET finally decided to order another when our food was finally served.  The waitress said the chef apologises for the wait so he’s given us an extra big breakfast.  ET tasted his dish and straight away said the mushrooms were nice.

For once, I had more than enough bread for my eggs.  I’m unsure if it’s because I ordered fried eggs instead of scrambled or if the chef gave me an extra piece of bread for the looong wait.  The bread were nice thick slices but too hard to cut up with a knife and a piece of mine flew off the plate so I resorted to using my fingers.  And they mentioned hand-whipped butter on the menu but since the bread came buttered, I can’t attest whether this is true or not.

We were served nice cold water from a vodka bottle as soon as we were seated so they passed the water wellness test.  But staff were a little lax in picking up our empty coffee cups.  ET & I found it strange the waitress not only asked if we had coffee, but also if we had any breakfast!  She said she couldn’t find our ticket but we were one of only a few tables inside and were basically sitting in front of the counter and cash register with our breakfast dishes still uncleared on the table!  Plus they asked the same thing of the other 2 tables that left before us!!  (Excuse all the exclamation points, but I think they are well deserved!)

Suede
284 Smith St, Collingwood

No comments:

Post a Comment