Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sapporo Japanese Restaurant

Having just watched at tv show about Japanese food, it was no wonder ET & I had a hankering for getting some of our own.

Sapporo was booked out when we arrived so they offered us seats by the ‘bar’ in front of the preparation area.  Having seen the giant boat (known as the House Special) be assembled, ET & I were quite happy to stay where we were even when they offered us a table later on in the night.

The first dish we tried was Salmon Sashimi that ET thought quite nice.

We both then had Miso Shiru which we both quite liked.

For mains the Teriyaki Chicken got a good rating from ET.  Although I noticed that the chicken on one half of the plate was a different color from the other half.  Or perhaps that was just a trick of the light?  Have a look at the photo below and let me know what you think.

My Tatsuta Age received a not bad from ET.  I thought it a little oily.  I realise it’s deep fried marinated chicken, but at one stage I’m quite sure I spurted oil when I bit into one piece!!

After all these dishes, we were too full for dessert.  I had managed to keep up with ET step by step so it wasn’t much of a surprise :p  And here's another shot of our mains - just for the hell of it! 

Staff was quite good but they forgot to give us menus so ET had to steal from the table behind us.  And although we didn’t ask for water, I saw them take out a bottle from the fridge so I can only guess it would be nice and cold and pass my water wellness test.


Sapporo Japanese Restaurant
432 Mitcham Rd, Mitcham

No comments:

Post a Comment