Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sassy's Cafe Bar

The cafe being inside the shopping centre seemed to keep it busy with a turnover of customers.  So much so that we were kept waiting for someone to take out order.  Luckily the waiter caught our eye to let us know he would be with us when he could.

I ordered the scrambled eggs with toast; the extra thick cut of casalinga bread was a nice change to the usual sourdough that seems to be proliferating all Melbourne cafes at the moment.  Although by the time I finished eating, there was still at least a full egg's worth of scrambled eggs left on my plate.  Having just recently woken up, I probably would've ordered another slice of bread if I was awake enough to feel hungry.

ET ordered from the specials board - scrambled eggs with salmon & chives.  Plus he requested a sausage as well.  I didn't initially realise why, when served his meal, he looked up at me and back down on to his plate.  As previously mentioned, I was half asleep so he had to ask me "Does that look like salmon to you?"...

Hmmm....Unless I was still asleep or that salmon is actually brown and fried in strips, I'm pretty sure that was bacon on his plate. And where the hell was the chives???!

Sassy's Cafe Bar
286-292 Whitehorse Rd, Nunawading

No comments:

Post a Comment