Sunday, April 25, 2010

Max's Café & Wine Bar

Max’s Cafe always seem to be busy. On the night we visited there were several large groups and as we sat in a small room off the main dining area, we were worried we would be forgotten by staff. Happily, we were not.

ET ordered a steak and was told that the T bone was not available but if he ordered a porterhouse they could prepare it the same way. ET seems to keep having back luck with steak, as although he ordered medium-rare, it arrived closer to medium. Nor was he impressed by the onion rings it arrived with and how it was all plated.

Me, on the other hand, ordered the barramundi. I found it a tad dry and lacking in flavour. I’m not sure if I was meant to use the oil from the accompanying stir fry vegetables as the sauce, because it had way too much oil on it for my liking. I was also unimpressed with how some of the carrots were cut in pieces and others in thin slices. I’m not sure whether my pickiness was because I had just watched Masterchef right before dinner or not.

Nevertheless, although this place had a nice enough décor and staff, the next time we come back will probably be just for coffee and the nice looking cakes which we decided to skip on this time around.

Max's Café & Wine Bar
1-5 Leake Street, Essendon

No comments:

Post a Comment