Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sapporo Japanese Restaurant (III)

Because we’ve been to Sapporo a couple of times, we decided to try the Matsuya Set Banquet for a bit of variety.  Firstly we were served the nice, traditional strong-flavoured miso soup.


The Sushi and California Rolls were ok.


Gyozas also passed the test.


The next dish up was the chicken skewers.  This was the first time I tried lemon on my Yakitori, and I must say it does make a difference.  From now the lemon will no longer just be a garnish to me.


Tempura was served with a funny fan-shaped piece.  I wasn’t game enough to try it until I had eaten the other so it was cold and unappealing to me.  I’m still unsure what it is but I think it’s just noodles.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong.


Beef Teppanyaki arrived on a sizzling plate.  The dish had nice big chunks of meat and some of it was still slightly pink if taken off the plate early enough.


Neither ET nor I being huge fans of ice cream, the green tea ice cream was given an ok vote.


Lastly, my Japanese tea arrived in a huge teapot - enough to quench the thirst of 2 other people even though I was the only one drinking it.  (You can just see the spout in the photo below, next to the carafe of half a litre of water).




Sapporo Japanese Restaurant
432 Mitcham Rd, Mitcham

No comments:

Post a Comment