Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Monties

It came as a surprise to both of us that Monties has a pizza takeaway joint that you can walk through from the restaurant. And on a quiet rainy day, the staff walked between the two areas to serve the few who dared to venture out in the pouring rain.

I ordered the lasagne which, from first bite, I did not like the taste of. I actually asked ET to taste it, to see what he thought. I've never done that before - I usually don't like to share ;)  He thought the sauce wasn't great.

Needless to say, I did not finish the dish. It was quite a large serve, so I probably would have struggled to finish it anyhow.

ET ordered the carbonara. He didn't seem to mind it at the time, but (dare I say it?) he wasn't well afterwards.

So now ET can't make any positive comment except they had pleasant staff; but we were the only table being served, so now he might be reluctant to go there again.

I guess the highlight of the meal came at the beginning when we got our coffees.

My latte cup was cute but too hot to hold. I think ET finished his long black before I was happy enough to start drinking mine. Now that I think of it, that seems to be when it all started going downhill.


Monties
351 Smith St, Fitzroy

No comments:

Post a Comment